House fire on West 6th St. forces three out of Hermann home
By staff writer
A house fire last Tuesday morning gutted a house at 221 West Sixth Street, forcing the three residents out of their home. No was injured, but a cat perished in the fire.
Hermann Fire Department personnel with units from the New Haven-Berger Fire Protection District were on the scene from mid-morning until noon, putting out a blaze that apparantly started in the kitchen.
The fire, believed to have started on a stove in the kitchen, spread to the back porch, There was extensive damage on the first floor, and heavy smoke damage to the rest of the property.
Five units were on the scene.
Ed Knehans, who works for the city of Hermann parks department, lives at the residence, as does Mike Lampke and his wife, Ashley. They have been living at a local motel since the fire.