BY DR. TRACEY HANKINS
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
GASCONADE COUNTY R-1
Board of Education Begins
Search Process for Superintendent
During a special open session meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 24, the Board of Education approved a contract with the Missouri School Board Association to conduct a search for the replacement of Dr. Tracey Hankins. Dr. Hankins is retiring after 30 years of service to public education.
The Board of Education will use MSBA and search consultant Dr. Brent Underwood to hire the new superintendent. During the meeting, the Board of Education developed a strategic plan and timeline for the process of the search.
• Public Survey. The Board is requesting your input and opinions regarding the qualifications and qualities you desire in the next superintendent. The survey will be open to all students, staff, parents, and community members beginning on Monday, Jan. 29, and continuing through Thursday, Feb. 8. You will find the link to the District webpage at www.hermann.k12.mo.us.
• Focus Groups. The Board will solicit the input of students and staff during focus group meetings to be held on Thursday, Feb. 8. Student groups from the Middle School and High School will meet separately with Dr. Underwood to share their thoughts about our schools and ideas for the next superintendent.
• Applications. The position will be posted through Feb. 15. The Missouri School Boards Association will coordinate the application process, posting, and collection of documents for the search.
• Screening of Applicants. The Board of Education will consider all qualifications of applicants during a closed session meeting scheduled for Feb. 22.
• Interviews with Selected Candidates. The Board of Education anticipates the interviews of candidates to occur during the first two weeks of March.
• Anticipated Hire Date. The Board of Education has set a goal to hire the candidate for superintendent of schools prior to March 15.