Based on projected costs for the projects to be financed by the $2-million bond issue approved last summer, there will be few dollars left when the work is done.
About $509, to be precise, based on the projections submitted to the Gasconade County R-1 School District Board of Directors by consulting architect Nick Godat.
There are 10 projects on the bond-issue to-do list. The total cost of those projects is $1,999,491.
The R-1 board last week authorized the administration to put up for sale the full $2 million worth of bonds in early to mid-May with work to begin May 30 and wrapping up by Aug. 8.
Here are the projects and their estimated costs:
• Roof renovation at Hermann Elementar School — $309,484.
• Roof repair at Hermann High School — $470,012.
• Roof work at Hermann Middle School — $550,000. The HMS roof repair will be put off until next summer. This year, work will take place on the Elementary School and High School roofs, which means the Summer School program will be held at the Middle School.
• Track resurfacing — $82,995. The track work is set for mid-June. It’s projected that the track will be out of service for at least two weeks — one week for resurfacing, another week to allow it to cure before new striping is applied.
• Window film — $62,000.
• LED lighting at the High School — $65,000. This will include new lighting in the gym.
• HVAC work for the Middle School gym — $75,000.
• Professional fees — $140,000.
• Paving — $95,000. This involves the paving of the HES parking lot.
• Technology upgrades — $150,000.