The Historic German School
The German School, located atFourth StreetandSchiller Streetin Hermann, was built in 1871, and was used as the elementary school building by the children of Hermann until 1955.
Today, the entire building is used as a museum and gift shop. The building was deeded to Historic Hermann, Inc. who maintains the building to this day.
As visitors approach theGermanSchool, they can see the clock tower, that has been a long time symbol of Hermann.
This clock, built by a German clock maker, has been running continuously since 1890. It requires someone to wind it at regular intervals. This chore has been done by devoted volunteers for over 100 years.
For more information on the Museum and to schedule group tours
Contact: Carol and Joy Kallmeyer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 573-486-2389.