Celebrate the Season with Wine and Cheese-Inspired Pairings December 11 on the Hermann Wine Trail
November 10, 2021 — Wine lovers are invited to sip and sample wine and cheese-inspired pairings, from the classic to the creative, at the Say Cheese Wine Trail on Saturday, December 11. The event is hosted by seven wineries on the Hermann Wine Trail, which meanders for 20 scenic miles along the Missouri River between Hermann and New Haven.
Held annually the second Saturday of December, the Say Cheese Wine Trail coincides with other holiday events in Missouri Wine Country.
“There are some general guidelines for wine and cheese pairings — red wine with hard cheese, white wine with soft cheese — but no hard and fast rules,” says Patty Held, president of the Hermann Wine Trail. “Like everything having to do with wine, it’s all a matter of taste.”
The 2021 Say Cheese tasting menu features:
• Adam Puchta — Penne Pasta with Creamy Baetje Farms Herbs de Provence Goat Cheese Bechamel, paired with Vidal Blanc
• Bias — Cheese and Fruit-filled Crescents, paired with your choice of Raspberry or Strawberry Weisser Flieder
• Curling Vine — Homemade Roasted Pecan Pimento Cheese Spread, paired with Vidal Blanc
• Dierberg Star Lane — Brie on Crostini with Rosemary Cranberry Chutney, paired with Three Saints Pinot Noir
• G. Husmann—Cheese Curd Poutine with Tin Mill Beer Cheese, paired with General Fremont Red Blend
• Hermannhof — Marinated Feta Cheese with Herbs de Provence, paired with Seyval
• Röbller — Selection of Cool Cow Cheeses, paired with Hillside Cuveé
December’s Say Cheese Wine Trail is one of six annual events hosted by Hermann-area vintners. Next up is Chocolate Wine Trail, February 19-20, 2022, a popular Valentine’s getaway. Farmers’ Table Wine Trail, April 9, is a showcase for Missouri products. Bacon is the star of the show at the Wild Bacon Wine Trail, May 7-8. Berries & BarBQ Wine Trail, July 30-31, celebrates the flavors of summer. Holiday Fare Wine Trail, November 19-20, is a festive start to the holiday season.
The ticket price of $30 for the Say Cheese Wine Trail ($35 for 2022 events) includes a souvenir wine glass. Participants also may enter a drawing for a $30 gift certificate from each winery and a one-night stay at a Hermann B&B. The ticket price does not include transportation to wineries or additional wine tasting.
Tickets may be purchased online at HermannWineTrail.com or from the Hermann Chamber of Commerce, 573-486-2313. Advance purchase is required.
Hermann Wine Trail • 800-932-8687 • HermannWineTrail.com
Adam Puchta Winery • Bias Winery • Curling Vine Winery • Dierberg Star Lane Tasting Room • G. Husmann Winery • Hermannhof Winery • Röbller Vineyard