- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cake flour, 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter and extracts; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Add cherries and almonds; pulse until combined (dough will be crumbly).
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls, pressing firmly to adhere; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on pans 10 minutes. Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.